As responsible, caring adults we teach our children many kinds of safety. Because of this, children become aware, confident and secure in the ways that they can protect themselves. Personal safety can, and should, be approached in the same straightforward manner.
Here are some ideas to help you to feel more comfortable as you talk with your child and establish your family’s rules for personal safety.
1. Talk to your child about personal safety as you talk about other types of safety.
2. Repeat simple personal safety guidelines often to reinforce understanding.
3. Establish your own set of family rules for personal safety.
4. Play “What If?” games to practice decision making.
5. Help your child develop confidence and assertiveness skills. Have fun together practicing verbal and non-verbal responses.
Education is the most powerful weapon that can be used to change the world.
— Nelson Mandela
Child Protection Center believes that informed children are safer children. Education is empowering. Advocate for personal safety education in your child's school.
Child Protection Center, Inc.
720 South Orange Ave.
Sarasota, Florida 34236
2210 S. Tamiami Tr.
Venice, Florida 34293map
North Port Location:
6919 Outreach Way
North Port, Florida 34297
222 N. Roberts Avenue
Arcadia, Florida 34266
© 2011 Child Protection Center, Inc. Sarasota Florida.
All rights Reserved. Privacy
Website design and development by Blue Strategy + Creative Intl, LLC.
A Marketing and Digital (Tradigital) Company, Sarasota, Florida